FW: MIAMI BLUE BUTTERFLY RESTORATION PROJECT

Stan Gorodenski stanlep at extremezone.com
Fri Feb 1 18:44:18 EST 2002

"Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX" wrote:

> Further to John's observations on the importance of working with the civil
> servants; I would hope that said civil servants would be mature enough to
> remember that the door swings both ways and that their only legitimate role
> in a democratic society is to serve the public.  They were not hired to be

This is a hope or idealism.  In the real world, civil servants in
positions of authority become bureaucrats.  They have virtually
unlimited resources of the 'state' and will use these resources to their
advantage to impose their will upon the common citizen, even when they
are in the wrong or in a questionable position.  A common citizen has to
pay for an attorney, which is usually a limiting factor, but this is,
usually, no limitation to the bureaucrat - just charge it off to the tax
payer.  I know from experience.  What's that expression about power
corrupting?
Stan