My vicious attacks on Lepidopterists

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Wed Feb 6 09:42:04 EST 2002

Dear list,

Upon rereading my recent posts, I realize that they could be construed
as "attacks" upon some of the most tolerant, thoughtful and, dare I say
it, humble epistolary efforts on this list. I am particularly troubled
that I appear to have defended E. O. Wilson's right to write forewords
to books that probably shouldn't have existed in the first place. His
boyhood experiences with butterflies, his broad scientific
contributions, AND HIS USURPATION OF ISLAND BIOGEOGRAPHY THEORY FROM A
REAL LEPIDOPTERIST give him no right to speak on subjects so much more
intelligently handled on the leps list.

For these and all my sins I am heartily sorry.

Patrick

Postscript   There are exactly 666 letters and spaces in E O Wilson's
foreword!!!!! We had better wake up soon!!!