Feb. 9th near Corvallis

Andrew Warren warrena at mail.science.orst.edu
Sun Feb 10 01:41:52 EST 2002

I guess I was not the only one that had to get out and enjoy the nice
weather (believe it or not) around Corvallis, Oregon today (9 Feb. 2002).

Seen west of Corvallis today:

Nymphalis californica (one male collected, two others seen).
No day flying moths (ususally common before the butterflies are seen)!!!

This is the earliest this species has been recorded in Oregon by about two
weeks (got it first last year on Feb. 24th).

Andy