Lepidopteran Genetics workshop Oct. 3 Tsukuba, Japan

Pengie peloquin at cache.UCR.EDU
Fri Feb 15 18:18:43 EST 2002

Dear Lep Geneticists,

Toshiki has asked me to forward this message to the Sci.bio.lep newsgroup .

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:19:19 +0900
From: Tamura Toshiki <ttamura at affrc.go.jp>

THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP OF LEPIDOPTERA GENOMICS
September 30-October 3, 2002, Tsukuba, Japan

Dear Colleague:

This is the first announcement for the First International Workshop of
Lepidoptera Genomics to be held in Tsukuba on September 30-October 3, 2002.
The Workshop came out of the exchange of opinions at the USDA-sponsored
Comparative Insect Genomics Workshop in October, 2001 in Arlington, VA, the
Consortium of the Lepidoptera Genome held in August, 2001 in Lyon, France,
and the Workshop on thhe Basic Research and Biotechnological Prospect of the
Transgenic Silkworm sponsored by the Project of International Cooperation
between France and Japan in November, 2000 in Lalonde-Les-Maures, France.

The aim of workshop is to accelerate genome projects in Lepidoptera, to
establish a Lepidoperan Genome Society and to exchange the information among
groups related to this field.

We have already reserved a very nice international conference room in the
center of Tsukuba City (http://www.mexttci.go.jp) and hotels (OKURA FRONTIER
HOTEL TSUKUBA or OKURA FRONTIER HOTEL TSUKUBA EPOCHAL
(http://www.okura-tsukuba.co.jp/index_e.html) near the conference room. In
addition, we have applied for funds to support the workshop. We expect that
40-60 persons, including 10-15 invited speakers, will attend the Workshop.
The cost of attendance is mainly for hotel (10,500 yen per night) and meals
during the stay in Tsukuba and for travel to Japan.

If you are interested in attending the Workshop please send an E-mail to T.
Tammura (ttamura at affrc.go.jp) with your name, institute, address, Tel
No, Fax
No and e-mail address. We will send the second circular to you with more
detailed information soon.

We hope for your positive response and look forward to having a good
Workshop in Tsukuba.

Sincerely

Secretary
T. Tamura, M. Kiuchi and K. Mita
(National Institute of Agrobiological Science)

Organizing Committee
M. Kobayashi (University of Tokyo), P. Couble (Centre de G???ique Mol?
ulaire et Cellulaire, CNRS), M. Goldsmith (Universiity of Rhode Island), R.
Feyereisen (INRA Centre de Recherches d'Antibes), T. Shimada (University of
Tokyo), K. Mita (National Institute of Agrobiological Science), T. Tamura
(National Institute of Agrobiological Science)
Toshiki TAMURA
Insect Gene Engineering Laboratory
National Institute of Agrobiological Science
Owashi 1-2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8634, JAPAN
TEL/FAX 81-298-38-6091 FAX 81-298-38-6028
Email: ttamura at affrc.go.jp