Purple Hairstreak

Guy_VdP at t-online.de Guy_VdP at t-online.de
Wed Feb 27 16:22:17 EST 2002

Hi,

Leraut, 1997 (Systematic and Synonymic List of the Butterflies of
France, Belgium and Corsica - 2nd Ed.) lists it as Neozephyrus quercus
Linnaeus, 1758.
Neozephyrus was erected by Sibatani & Ito, 1942.
In many books you will still find it as Quercusia quercus Linnaeus,
1758.
Quercusia was erected by Verity, 1943 (Later than Neozephyrus => it is
a synonym).

Guy.

Guy Van de Poel
Guy_VdP at t-online.de