Internet Cookies

Stan Gorodenski stanlep at extremezone.com
Wed Feb 27 23:09:26 EST 2002

Cookies seem to be pretty common on the web. Some cookies are sent so
that information can be sent back to the source to build a profile of
the user. Some cookies are required by a web site, but are not used for
transfering information about the user.

I set my browser to warn me about all cookies before I accept them. I
tested it out. The TILS web site did not send any cookies. Good! The Lep
Soc web site sent 13 cookies but it still let me in after refusing all
of them. Odd that it should send 13, but at least I was able to get in.
The Conservation Genetics Journal web site would not let me in unless I
accepted an unknown number of the four cookies that poped up. Does
anyone know why their web site would be set up like this?

Stan