A bug in the snow

Martin Bailey cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 5 16:19:49 EST 2002

After spending a nice day in the middle of nowhere, I came home yesterday
and turned on the email.  After the counter read 36, I stopped the machine
and began to read...  and read.  Not wanting to miss anything I restarted
the machine and to my horror I still had 64 messages coming in.  To further
add insult to injury, some of the new messages were repeats of the first 36.
In the process I forgot to do what I had wanted to do:  Ask someone out
there is cyberspace a question which no one around here could answer for me.

I saw a black bug about 3/4 of an inch long on the snow which soon flew
away.  It reminded me of a damselfly -swept back wings and delicate body,
yet I would characterize its head as that of a housefly.   I was on a snow
covered dirt road in the midst of fields that would be cultivated in the
summer.  There were no habitated buildings for miles around.

Any guesses please.

Martin Bailey,

greetings from:  Weyburn, SK., Canada.
                         49.39N  103.51W