The List

Valerie Passoa vapassoa at copper.net
Wed Jan 9 10:38:05 EST 2002

Hi Larry,
    Happy new year.  Congratulations on being the new president of our national society.  About the list, might it be time again to post a message?  You posted an excellent message about staying on track, politeness, etc. a few months back, but the list is nothing but a handful of people using it while hundreds of others remain a captive audience.  I hope my delete button doesn't wear-out from over-use.
    Also, I am one of many who do not enjoy Anne Kilmer's posts.  She has a life all her own and I believe uses the list as a public forum for her continuing saga.  She does attack others in a cloaked way and her dark sarcasm is not appreciated.  I have had twelve people send me messages about these points.  It's not our place to respond on the list to these points.
    Also, I truly believe that Gattrelle's and Cherubini feel this is their list and use it accordingly.  If you are not troubled by their diatribes, then perhaps I should consider unsubscribing.  My understanding of  the list was along the lines of the post you made several months ago.
    I'd appreciate hearing from you.  Would you like to hear from the others who are posting to me, or should I relay your response to them?  Unfortunately, many will not come forth as I have to the list owner; they prefer to grumble in private.
    Thanks very much.
Valerie