degreasing

Dr. James Adams jadams at em.daltonstate.edu
Fri Jan 11 13:30:32 EST 2002

>Richard wrote,

>Speaking of green coloration, does anyone know what that blue-green
>staining is that you sometimes get on Pierids when you try to relax them?

I, too, have only seen this when relaxing.  From what I can tell, water
droplets falling directly on the specimens cause it (don't know what the
reaction is).  The easiest way to avoid this is, clearly, don't let water
droplets get on them, though this is not as simple as it sounds when using
a relaxer.  Degreasing also does seem to get rid of these spots *some of
the time*.

James

James K. Adams
Phone: (706)272-4427