# 186

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Sat Jan 12 15:01:14 EST 2002

A thought (or 2) from number 186.  (I finally won something in this life.)

1)  Over the 6 months my 186 posts come out to a measly average of almost
exactly --  1 --  a day.

2)  "My thought" for a long time has been that this list is way under used.
I would think that 1 post a week would be low - that would put everyone at
a 27 post minimum over 6 months.  If we get bogged down in some dead
subject a times could it possibly be because the more interesting ones are
just not being posted?

3)  It is common for people to complain about stuff in all areas of life.
And in many cases these complaints are valid.  The problem is that when
asked if the complainer has a solution or alternative plan they usually
have none -  except "yah, throw the bum, or government, or business, or
umpire out."

4)  Being a person involved professionally with Lepidoptera every day, I
interact in that area a lot - including on line.  Which is one reason why
we at TILS have started our own list-serve
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TILS-leps-talk/ .  The great majority of my
posts are now there.  So far 91 individuals since Nov 1 have subscribed to
leps-talk - from all levels of knowledge and interest.

4b)  I am disappointed that the other leaders in the leps
organizational/institutional world are so seldom, or never, heard from on
public list serves like this one.  Perhaps they are just a lot more
politically astute than I (they are certainly not busier) and know that by
keeping their thoughts to themselves they will not offend or polarize
anyone.  I have never played life that safe.

Ron
now #187