Bathrooms

Kelly Richers kerichers at wasco.k12.ca.us
Tue Jan 15 11:00:41 EST 2002

Several years ago when I escorted eight graders to Catalina Island, there were restrooms in a park of some kind on the way walking up to the Wrigley Memorial Gardens.  The arrangement of the restrooms left a central corridor between two sides, and the central corridor, which was lit by flourescent lights, and had doors shut at either end, had vents near the lights which allowed many dozens of interesting moths in.  Also at Meadow Valley there were shower and restroom facilities which ended up being the best places for Hepialid moths (ghost moths) .

>>> "Chris J. Durden" <drdn at mail.utexas.edu> 01/15/02 12:16AM >>>
I suspect there has been more lep poaching in park restrooms than in any other protected area. The sheer magnitude boggles the mind, but it is but a fraction of the numbers decimated by maintenance personnel at these facilities while cleaning up.
...........Chris Durden