environmental enhancement again

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Wed Jan 16 11:25:34 EST 2002

Absolutely. That is my motivation in soliciting information/examples on this
topic. I think we can learn some useful things from those situations where
human disturbance has in an unplanned way benefited some species. Such
knowledge can then be applied to development in a planned way to mitigate or
compensate for at least some of the unavoidable impacts of our activities.
It would be nice to have empirical data for everything but anecdotal
information still has tremendous value and should be more openly shared.
Some people may be shy about sharing anecdotal information for fear of being
dumped on or pooh-poohed by those few people who only value empirical
information. Please speak up and share your knowledge without regard for
what some other people may think - we all have useful knowledge. Who speaks
for the butterflies ? Lots of us :-)