Mexican Bf. Book

Andrew Warren warrena at mail.science.orst.edu
Wed Jan 16 16:56:34 EST 2002

This is a community service announcement:

The following book is once again available:

PAPILIONIDAE Y PIERIDAE DE MEXICO: DISTRIBUCION GEOGRAFICA E ILUSTRACION

by Jorge E. Llorente-Bousquets, Leonor Onate-Ocana, Armando Luis-Martinez,
and Isabel Vargas-Fernandez.  1997.  Universidad Nacional Autonoma de
Mexico, Mexico City.  229pp.

This book illustrates all species and most "subspecies" of Mexican
butterflies in these families in color, provides distribution maps for
each taxon, and details distributional records and their sources.  For a
complete review of the book, see: Warren, A. D. 1999.  J. Lepid. Soc.
52(3):342-343.

I am helping the authors sell these books in the USA (and elsewhere).  If
you are in the USA and would like one of these books, simply send a
personal check made out to me (Andrew Warren) for US$40 to: Andrew D.
Warren, Department of Entomology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
97331.  Please use an address other than a "P.O. Box" address for shiping,
and please include a day-time phone number (and e-mail in case problems
arise). As soon as I get the check, I
will notify Mexico City, and the book will be shipped from there (this
process has taken 2 to 4 weeks in the past, but could take 6).  I have no
books here- all are shipped directly from Mexico City.  And this does
work, I sold about 75 books for them this way in 1999 and 2000 and all
reached their destinations (eventually).

If you are outside the US and would like a book (and can send US funds),
please write me a private message of inquiry.  Books can be sent from
Mexico City to other nations other than the US, but prices for shipping
will vary (US$40 covers the price of shipping for all US purchases). I
can only accept payment in US dollars.

I apologize for the commercial notice, but THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO OBTAIN
ONE OF THESE BOOKS OUTSIDE OF MEXICO.

Sincerely,

Andy Warren