Vanessa at night

Rudy Benavides rbenavid at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:07:51 EST 2002

I think Chip Taylor has mentioned monarch migration and radar detection, but
I can't remember if it was in the context of nighttime movement or what.
But if it hasn't already, maybe radar could be used for tracking butterfly
migrations like it is with bird migrations.  There's a cool website out
there that shows radar images of flocks of migrating birds flying north out
of Cuba right after sundown.  Cape May and other locations in S. texas could
possibly show good nighttime radar images of migrating monarchs.

Rudy