birds or butterflies?

D Marven marven at home.com
Tue Jan 22 13:37:14 EST 2002

Hi Don
       I have to agree don't introduce anything that was not there
before the great farming boom. The Birds and the Butterflies will be the
least of your problems, without major volunteer's you will be unable to
keep this property away from the invasive species. A prime example of
how not to proceed with farmland can be seen at Rithet's Bog, Victoria
here on Vancouver Island. This area was saved for wildlife, now there is
wildlife there but the once nice open area with a nice open winter
wetland is now an overgrown eyesore full of invasive species.
But i have to say that this eyesore is better than the condominium
eyesore across the road and all around
Cheers
Derrick