What is a lepidopterist?

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Mon Jan 28 21:29:56 EST 2002

Not to be controversial, but I don't entirely agree with Ron.  I wouldn't
call everyone who has an interest in animals a "zoologist".  Likewise, the
term "lepidopterist" is better reserved for those with a strong link to
scientific activities - regardless of any professional affiliation.
Similarly, I do agree that formal education is NOT a requirement - nor, as
I've mentioned, is net swinging.  The bottom line: if you think you're a
lepidopterist, then you are.

Mark Walker.