Vanessa at night - no 3

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 17:02:54 EST 2002

--- Paul Cherubini <monarch at saber.net> wrote:
> Nick Greatorex-Davies wrote:
>
> > I hope this continues to be of interest.
>
> Still no records of flights that meet these two conditiions:
>
> 1. well away from artificial lights
> 2. in the pitch black night sky (well after sunset & well before
> sunrise).
>
> Paul Cherubini

This whole thread raises some questions, if they do migrate at night
and I feel they do, how, without some light to activate their
"navigation receptor" are they able to do it. it is hard to definge
the mechanisms of bird migration. Bugs is really ...

at the beginning "eye spots were brought up". hmmmm.

bob

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
RJP Associates, C2M-BWPTi
rjparcelles at yahoo.com
"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
- Norman Vincent Peale