unknown microlep

Thomas Eichlin teichlin at cdfa.ca.gov
Wed Jul 17 18:30:25 EDT 2002

Attached is an image of a small micro reared from Prunus laurocerasus from material in a nursery in Oregon.  It is black with a small pale spot on the hind margin of the forewing.  The larvae prepare a pupal chamber from two oval pieces cut from a leaf of the host.  The moth appears to me to be a tineid, but I am not aware of this behavior in Tineidae.  Please help if you know anything about these.  TIA

Tom