Jose answers a question

ParcBob at aol.com ParcBob at aol.com
Fri Jul 26 23:07:50 EDT 2002

Greetings,

This is a reponse from Jose Muniz to a prospective customer. He is visably
upset but I feel he makes some points and I offer this as one side in an
argument that envelopes the entire leps community to a great degree. But
mostly those involved in certain factions promoting their viewpoint at the
expense of all others. I am trying to disquise the true identity of Mari
since she might just be a potential customer , who in her mind, is asking
what she feels are legitimate questions. Jose not only answered her but sent
a reply back to her on his own letter.

Jose is Ann Kilmer's "1st Lt" on the Task Force she and he are organizing to
help restore the Miami Blue Butterfly. The Project MBBRP is currently working
on science aspects and the raising of funds, not only for research, but the
distribution of educational materials by the Task Force.

The International Butterfly Breeder's association might well be misunderstood
by many and jose certainly makes a good case for his profession. I have never
set out to be a judge. My purpose has only been to enlist sincere people for
the Project that I initiated on January 15 of this year. It has been
turbulent to say the least.  We have had people critisize  us from the start,
 people stay on the sidelines and direct slander by people mentioned in
Jose's letter.

Ann, in her benevelence opened the way for "her old friends" to undermune her
efforts and some were concerned that she was a loose cannon. I am a warrior
and i would like to have more artillery such as her. Just do not get in fron
of the barrel. she is now semi retired and seems to grow weary of the fray
nad i guess I will have to kick her in the arse to get her going a gain or
maybe she needs some apologies from some of these people. Well I am loyal and
she will not go away.

We have information that it has all been worthwhile which I am sharing with
no one at this time. But I have always felt that when you are right you are
right and the truth prevails. If you can not believe that... you have no
right calling yourself a human being let alone a scientist. I have received
emails  in the past few months that Jose, is a busainess man and is out to
make money. He could certainly "hurt" our efforts.

Of all things! Well I have, until now, been paid for everything I have done
in biology and have always shaved the boss except for when my boss was the
President of the U.S. Very few biologists I know on any of these mlists can
say the same. But they all have opinions for people like Ron and I who do our
things. If you are a bureacrat in this day and age I find it hard for you to
be a scientist. That is why I have so many engineer friends, Veronica...they
get right to the point. If you are not on Nature potpourri you do not have a
clue to what  I am speaking of. Heck if you are not you do not have a clue
anyway. :)

Jose, I resepect your answer and your comments.  I might again, remind you
that her questions are legitimate and there is no reason to feel she is a
"plant". Therefore, some may think he is harsh with her. So be it. There is
some truth in "them thar words".  And afterall, he is all business.

Of course now that I have written this; I bet she is Joe Sugar's fiance.

Bob Parcelles, Jr.
Miami Blue Restoration Project, Director
MBBRP, Chairman of the Oversight and Advisory Committee

Ecologist
RJP Associates
Reply to: ParcBob at aol.com
PHone: (727)548-9775

Her is the Ladies Query:

name: Mari Smith (soon to be Mrs. Joe Sugar)

ADDRESS: 4100 Monarch Lane South

CITY: Pleasantville

STATE: Confusion

ZIP: ooooo

PHONE: 411-0U812

DATE: not planned yet

TYPE: Wedding

INFO: Selection and Availability

COMMENTS:

 I want this at my wedding. Of course I still have
to have a proposal, but I am confident that he will. I like
what you are doing, but also have some concerns.  I wanted
to mention that I am working on Monarch Butterfly
Augmentation Program in Tallahassee Florida here. I am
wondering if you participate with any conservation programs.
Since they research the migration patterns of Monarch's do
you participate in the capture/tagging, and release? I am a
little concerned about endangered species here - how
commercial sale and exploitation can harm the butterflies. I
know they don't live that long, but if they are not allowed
to migrate to flowering areas, how can the species survive
in the wild if your business grows? Are you fully legal
here? Your see-through envolope pictures a Monarch - if we
commercialize this what do you tell environmentalists?

Mari

=========
Jose's first answer: