Eubagis (Eubafis) postuerta ???

John Shuey jshuey at TNC.ORG
Wed Jul 31 18:48:53 EDT 2002

Neil,

That was a great clue - I used that reference to figure out that Eubagis is
close to Epicalia - which is a  synonym Catonephele.  That led me to
Dynamine - of which Eubagis is a synonym.  Although I'm still working on the
species - I now have a clue!

Thanks
John

_________________
John Shuey
Director of Conservation Science
Indiana Office of The Nature Conservancy

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Jones [mailto:neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 4:25 PM
To: John Shuey; leps
Subject: Re: Eubagis (Eubafis) postuerta ???

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 10:43 pm, John Shuey wrote:
> HELP!!
>
> I have an old literature record from Belize for Eubagis  postuerta - a
> Nymphalid I guess.  A quick Google search turned up a single hit - Eubafis
> postuerta - on a simple list of Nymphalid species in the Colorado State
> collection.
>
> Anybody got a clue???  It must be a synonym of something.
>
> John
> _________________
> John Shuey
> Director of Conservation Science
> Indiana Office of The Nature Conservancy

There is a reference to Eubagis in one of the most famous works of
biological
science Charles Darwin's Decent of Man

http://www.literature.org/authors/darwin-charles/the-descent-of-man/chapter-
11.html

Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
NOTE NEW WEB ADDRESS
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog
National Nature Reserve