[leps-talk] value

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Mon Jun 3 15:20:58 EDT 2002

Chris J. Durden wrote:

> If the name is not known, or the story is hearsay, I am afraid
> it must be considered propaganda and malicious rumor.

And it's easy to find more of the same:

In leps-l archives on 3 Jan 2002 Neil wrote:
"He [Cherubini] says that people don't like him because he
kills insects. Well actually the truth is people don't like him
because he tries to help make them _extinct_.!"

In fact, Neil has devoted two web pages to me and
one for Tom Kral

http://www.wildlifewebsite.com/monarch/cherubini.html
http://www.wildlifewebsite.com/monarch/cherubini2.html
http://www.wildlifewebsite.com/faq/

But sorely lacking is any hard evidence linking our
collecting activities to the decline of any species.  Nor
any mention of the contributions Kral, Skalski, Grinnel,
myself and other collectors have made toward butterfly
conservation.

Paul Cherubini