[leps-talk] Papilio machaon aliaska

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Mon Mar 4 16:06:50 EST 2002

Andy, my comments were not directed at you; your name just happened to be on
the reply list :-). I fully agree that the name 'taxonmically correct' is
not the best name and I too have raised that concern with the folks who are
spending their valuable time in a constructive pursuit. I even recall
offering one or two alternative names but darned if I can remember what they
were :-) While the implications of the name for the name index gets bantered
about (and so it should) we can and should still share our knowledge to
improve the product and its usefulness. My apologies for deliberately using
strong language just to make a point, but sometimes strong language is
helpful to make the point. For everyone's benefit; I do not view Andy as
either arrogant or a jerk. Au contraire, we need more energetic people like
Andy to help expand our lepidoptera knowledge.