Learning problems is it a fraud?

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 06:24:21 EST 2002

I am suspicious of the Learning problems message posted by "Lyn Luney".
I am not suggesting the name means anything rude this time. :-)
However the same message has been posted over a range of usenet newsgroups but
none of them seem appropriate to the message. These groups were related to music, show biz, computing etc. (Leps-l got it because it is connected to sci.bio.entomology.lepidoptera.)
Earlier this month an identical message was posted to another range of groups under the name Clarissa Barthe. Both messages were posted via Google's newsgroup
system using free hotmail addresses. The originating service providers being
two different Argentinian Internet Service Providers. Goodness knows why anyone
should do this kind of thing. It could be some kind of psychological survey
on respondants or perhaps some method of collecting email addresses or even some kind of wierd trolling.

Somehow I doubt it is genuine. The person doing it seems quite smart enough to post it in the correct places where genuine help could be obtained and yet has chosen not to do so.

Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
NOTE NEW WEB ADDRESS
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog
National Nature Reserve