Butterfly house?

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 10:39:30 EST 2002

On Friday 29 March 2002 12:53 pm, you wrote:
> They're torture chambers for butterflies. I've never seen such evidence of
> predation on butterflies by spiders as inside a "butterfly house"; of
> course, "collecting" is not allowed inside, is it?

I'm not sure that this is valid.

1. You would see more spider predation where there were a lot more
butterflies. This isn't evidence that it is higher. It may just be a
manifestation of desity dependent predation.

2. I make a point of visiting butterfly houses where ever I travel
Only once did I really encounter a place where spiders had been allowed to
flourish. There are effective control measures and these are usually used

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
NOTE NEW WEB ADDRESS