Common Names for subspecies?? Ron Gatrelle and RJP

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 09:55:20 EST 2002

[[[[Editors Note from RJP for NP members.]]]]

Ladies and gentlemen, we are going into a new thread on the above two
listserves as Ron gatrell defends several rather satirical "attacks"
on his desire to standardise common names even for subspecies of
butterflies. This reply by him will go down in butterfly annals as
visionary idea and accomplishment...YOU WERE THERE!. Ron is the great
LIBERAL...the cutting edge of Lepidoptery. He takes the "rough
drafts" of the newcomer, innovator, and radical Jeffrey Glassberg and
edits, refines and polishes them for consumption by lepidopterists.

By the way your editor-in-chief puts in his two cents worth. Have a
great weekend...ALL.