numbers game or counting- Forgot something

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Wed May 1 16:37:56 EDT 2002

Barb,
Glad to have your post. I was in downtown Newark today and a Mourning
Cloak fluttered across the stress, while a Catbird (Gray Catbird in some
books) looked very lost until it found a chain link fence to perch on.
Maybe that's in your future.

Anyway one Mourning Cloak and one Cabbage White doth not a spring make,
but that's today's count.

Having grown up in Westchester County an hour north of NYC, it was
amusing that most New York staters referred to it as downstate and most
New York City-ers referred to it as upstate.
Context is everything.

It sounds like you better get going, with all that ground to cover. I
thought I was radical to annex Staten Island for the NJ book, but it
looks like we should have been more expansive and taken on Pennsylvania
too.

Regards, MIKE GOCHFELD