They're coming !

Woody Woods woody.woods at umb.edu
Thu May 2 00:37:26 EDT 2002

Guy,

All thanks to you (and others, hopefully, for what's coming) for the Vanessa
observations. I have saved all information from leps-l regarding migrating
Vanessa cardui. The exchange from a short time ago about whether they can or
do undertake nocturnal migratory flights I forwarded a few months back to
colleagues who have already made measurements of their nocturnal visual
capabilities. Hopefully that work will be published within the next few
months. It certainly will not establish whether V. cardui DOES migrate at
night, but from preliminary results may possibly support the idea that they
can.

Woody