PL Sighted

Kathy Reinertsen bfly4u at swbell.net
Mon May 6 08:42:08 EDT 2002

Greetings  All:

Sighted my first PL today at 1:00 PM in our garden. A very reliable
sighting of butterfly at rest; I don't like to rely on
in -flight sightings since it's easy to confuse Vanessa with Polygonia
sp. on the wing. Later that day, am 90%
certain I saw a Red Admiral, but this was in flight and very fast; don't
know what else it could have been. Other
sightings today included numerous Whites, Sulfurs (both C. philodice and
eurytheme), and one Blue (sp. unknown).
Jay: Glad to hear your Sats are doing well; I don't expect any eclosures
here for another week at least (A. luna will
be first). Weather here has returned to 'normal'; last week had several
nights with light frost which hit my Budledja
and other delicate things.

Don
Sorry I forgot to include data on my PL sighting yesterday: West
Bridgewater, MA  02379