Early history

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Wed May 8 13:15:03 EDT 2002

Robin has called attention to one of the great findings in
ethno-ecology, the fact that a New Guinea tribe KNEW the same things
that the ornithologist KNEW. I believe the original work was done by Tom
Gilliard who died much too young. It was much discussed when I worked in
the BIRD DEPARTMENT (later known as Ornithology) at the AMNH.

Mike Gochfeld