Chinese Email

Niklas Wahlberg Niklas.Wahlberg at zoologi.su.se
Wed May 15 04:49:54 EDT 2002

Yep, I'm getting several e-mails a day from Korea advertising everything
from office supplies to cars to hotels (at least going by the pictures they
put into the damn e-mails). I'm considering taking my e-mail account
offline for a month to see if that helps get rid of them. Neil knows
better, but I think there are companies that actually mine the internet for
e-mail addresses. The archives of Leps-L and other lists are open to the
public and an excellent source of e-mail addresses. Damn the capitalists! >:-(

Cheers,
Niklas

At 16:10 14.05.2002 -0700, Stanley A. Gorodenski wrote:
>17 of the 31 email messages waiting for me had chinese characters in the
>subject line. This is getting to be quite a lot. Where are they coming
>from? Is anyone else getting this much spam? Could it be coming from
>subscribing to Leps-L?
>Stan

Niklas Wahlberg
Department of Zoology