Handfield book

Lynn Scott lynnscott at heiconsulting.com
Wed May 29 02:52:39 EDT 2002

The simple solution I adopted was to buy a box of clear standard-weight
page protectors, or sheet protectors (Xerox and other companies manufacture
them from a plastic material that does not lift ink off documents)
available in any reasonable office-supply store and not overly
expensive.  Each plate from Handfield was put in its own protector, and the
whole set put in a binder (the page protectors come three-hole punched),
which lives with the book.  This arrangement shows no wear after a year and
a half of heavy use, and as time goes by, I periodically insert a picture
I've printed off the web or a new reference photo that someone has sent me,
as a facing page for easy comparison with Handfield's plates.  The binder
stays conveniently flat when I have it open where I'm working, and the
pages are easy to turn when I'm looking for something I'm trying to identify.

Lynn Scott