A further improvement

Tony Thomas mothman at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed May 29 07:16:01 EDT 2002

	Lynn Scott's idea for Handfield's plates is excellent, use it myself. A
further refinement is to insert an acid-free 8.5 x 11 sheet of 28 lb, or
heavier, stock to give support to the plate in the plastic sleeve.

	A further problem is the lack of names on the plates. Handlield had
inadvertently solved this nuisance. Get hold of a copy of Handfield, 1997.
Liste des Lepidopteres du Quebec et du Labrador.Association des
entomologistes amateurs du Quebec. Supplement 7, Fabries. 155 p. This is a
check list of all the species printed on 8.5 x 11 pages. Simply place an
appropriate sheet with the plate. As all pages don't correspond exactly to
each plate, buy 2 copies or Xerox the pages. I place one coloured plate on
one side of my support sheet and the list of species name on the other.

Tony T.