Pink Elephants see colour in the dark!

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 05:34:39 EST 2002

For those of you wondering what on earth the title of this posting means!

There is a paper in Nature this week on colour vision in the dark for The
Elephant Hawk moth. (Deilephila elepnor) Interestingly this creature can
distinguish colour at night. Something we humans can find difficult.

The Elephant Hawk moth is pink in colouration. It gets its name from the
larva, a snake mimic, which has a trunk like head section.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog