[leps-talk] Ron Proves Creationism wrong

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Sun Oct 27 11:15:48 EST 2002

Charles Bordelon writes:

> ...  Everything is or has been
> created.  Evolution, I also firmly believe in...

and

> Now, I don't know about you guys, but that's [Christ] a tough act to
follow...  I'm
> painting myself into a corner, here.  RON, HELP!!!

Charles isn't in a corner at all.  He's out in the open - and free of the
shackles that most others have burdened themselves with (by choice, I might
add).

How silly it is for anyone to attempt to argue scientifically in favor of a
Godless universe.  We know absolutely nothing that can explain how such an
incredible event could possibly occur by accident (except, of course, that
the event is so highly improbable that our math doesn't even have a way to
quantify it).  We can speak of variation and mutation, but none of this
begins to explain how matter or energy could come to exist in the first
place.  Our theories are mere tinker-toys when it comes to explaining the
origin of life and the universe.

I've found that people who attempt to provide scientific "evidence" of a
Godless universe have come to NEED to have an explanation that disproves
God, and this bias is obvious from their arguments.  These are the people
who have backed themselves into a corner - not Charles.

It is not silly (or unscientific) to ponder the question of how our universe
came to be.  Wondering about (and questioning the possible existence of) God
is, in fact, at the heart of science, and anyone who would shy away from
such metaphysical questions should be the one accused of not being
scientific - not the other way around.

Personally, I see overwhelming evidence of Creation wherever I go - in the
mountains, in the waterfalls, in the plants and animals - but especially in
the hearts and faces of human children.  God is real and very much alive in
the world that I live in.

I have a Bachelors of Science in Electronic Engineering, including a minor
in Physics, a Masters of Science in Computer Engineering, and a hard earned
PhD in living life - and I've found nothing in all the wisdom of man that
can counter or disprove the existence of God.  Of course, I have the benefit
of having received the gift of the knowledge of God - something that He
readily offers every living human being, incidentally - so I suppose I
shouldn't expect anyone to take my word for anything.  Such discernment and
understanding comes only from the Spirit of God, though clues for its
discovery have been scattered about the world and throughout the heavens so
that all might possess it - bushman and businessman alike.

Sorry if this sounds arrogant - it is in fact quite the opposite of
arrogance.  You see, this sort of understanding comes by way of humility -
and not pride.  Any creature standing on the surface of this planet and
beholding this incredible universe that isn't overcome by an overwhelming
humility is truly the fool.

But it is for such fools, after all, that Christ died...

Shalom,

Mark Walker