Record Low Monarch population expected in Mexico this winter.

David James djames at tricity.wsu.edu
Mon Sep 16 13:57:44 EDT 2002

An additional 'suspect' to red mites (Whirligig mites?) is the Minute Pirate
Bug (Orius spp.)
These bugs love Lep eggs, destroying 99% of about 1000 West Coast Lady eggs
I had in an outdoor cage earlier this year.......

Dr David G. James,
Associate Professor,
Irrigated Agriculture Research and Extension Center,
Washington State University,
24106 North Bunn Road,
Prosser, WA 99350, USA

Tel: 509 786 9280