Releasers - Anne Kilmer couldn't possibly be more wrong!

Xi Wang xiwang at sprint.ca
Mon Apr 28 01:27:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

Well, on the whole physical science snobbery issue, I don't think it's
snobbery because they basically are right, in that they do have a much
better grasp of the nature of the universe.  Biology deals with a small part
of science as a whole, because the stuff we know only applies to the earth
and only as long as life exists here.  But if one says electron distribution
is described by the Schroedinger wave function, this statement applies to
the universe in general and I think this type of fundamental understanding
is far more satisfying.  You say that physical scientists dislike
uncertainty and want everything in the form of an equation.  So, what's
wrong with that?  Would anyone complain if we could quantify biology with
the same accuracy and precision?

P.S.  In case you're suspecting that I'm in the pure sciences, I am actually
in medicine, a "science" that is far from precise and accurate.

Cheers,
Xi Wang