the butterflies of Chile

Woody Woods woody.woods at umb.edu
Wed Feb 5 19:24:05 EST 2003

I just heard back from John Grafton, Senior Repint Editor at Dover
Publications. He says he has just checked into "The Butterflies of Chile" by
Pena and Ugarte and that, since it is out of print and quite scarce on the
market, they will take a look at the publication possibilities, and will
write again then.

It might be that we as a group have overlooked Dover as a resource for
out-of-print yet valuable lep guides; they don't need to see quite the sales
volume that first edition publishers would expect. My sense is that they aim
for reprintable books with a dedicated but overlooked audience. Let's keep
them in mind, and if they pursue this, buy enough books from them to keep
them interested in this dedicated market.

Woody

William A. Woods Jr.
Department of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston