leps-list not dead, but sleeping

Stanley A. Gorodenski stan_gorodenski at asualumni.org
Wed Jul 9 15:29:49 EDT 2003

Mark Walker wrote:

> That's very interesting - because "global warming" has indeed been
> propagated by the media AND various lobbyists as a "global trend" - that is,

I disagree. I have read Science (published by the American Association for the
Advancement of Science) for over 10 years. _Numerous_ research results have been
presented related to global warming and climate change during this time. These
were by researchers, not media and lobbyists. The common lay person does not
read Science and other scientific journals to get information on global warming.
The media fills this gap, but because it is fulfilling a function for which it
was designed, it would be inappropriate to therefore say that the media is
responsible for 'crying wolf' or spreading hysteria, so to speak. With respect
to lobbyists, what sort of lobbyists are you referring to? I am sure the Exxons
are not lobbying to reduce the consumption of oil because of global warming
considerations.
Stan