Global warming (was: leps-list sleeping)

Chuck Vaughn aa6g at aa6g.org
Wed Jul 9 22:44:51 EDT 2003

John Shuey wrote:

> Perhaps the best evidence of the acceptance of the reality of global
> warming
> among industry types is how badly they want to acquire "carbon
> credits" on
> the assumption that t some future date, these credits will become a
> valued
> commodity.

No. Business makes these sorts of decisions because it is cheaper to
play the game, no matter how ridiculous it is, than to fight the system.

I hope for all of our sakes that this carbon swapping thing dies a
timely death. It's completely insane when you realize that 3rd world
countries like China and India who are exempted from Kyoto will far
exceed the CO2 emissions of the U.S. within 50 years.

Chuck Vaughn <aa6g at aa6g.org>