UI Connecticut cocoon

Rob Vandermoor lepidopterists at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 9 22:33:53 EST 2003

I have reared both Polyphemus and Cecropia. Cecropia cocoons in my
experience are more tapered at the emergence end and Polyphemus cocoons are
generally like an overly rounded chicken egg as this picture tends to show.
That said Polyphemus cocoons tend to fall to the ground as the leaves fall,
were as Cecropia cocoons generally remain affixed to the branch. My money
would be on Polyphemus.

   Robert Vandermoor.