Monarch Mexican Migration and land management

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Fri Nov 21 17:09:26 EST 2003

Paul,

Planting Eucalyptus is dumb in so many ways you don't want me to get
started. And I hardly claim that Brower is divinely inspired, merely
that his work on land use in Mexico is worthy of at least _citing_ when
someone specifically asks you for such information. To call his
Conservation Biology paper "speculation" reveals more about you than
about him.

We have been over the Eucalyptus issue before. You may remember the
reasons I gave for _not_ planting this invasive, highly flammable
non-native tree. If not, I'll send you some literature citations.

Patrick