new moth books

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Mon Nov 24 11:31:33 EST 2003

Another book, beautifully illustrated like Howe's is Smith & the
Miller's Butt's of the West Indies and S. FL.  Outstanding
renditions.  I agree with Ron and Stan and think there is room for
all of it.  It is cheaper and faster to produce good digital images
these days.  But I stand in awe of the painters.  I also like going
into a library and cracking open one of the old journals with
original descriptions and seeing these brilliant color illustrations
leap off the page.  The inks they used for printing sure have staying
power.
Rich

Richard A. Worth
Oregon Department of Agriculture