[leps-talk] Fwd: Re: Status of Mexican Sanctuaries

Charles Bordelon legitintellexit at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 7 22:43:34 EDT 2003

I made an interesting observation in Ecuador.  I saw no loggers or
seismologists.   Much of the virgin forest was cleared.  Until you got to
the preserve.  Who was doing all this slash and burn?  The natives.  Is it
not our aspirstion to Preserve the endemic wildlife?  Do humans count?  They
are not whales, dolphins, or insects.  They are intelligent human beings
coping with the impact of first-world economics.  They adapt.  They survive,
even at the risk of destroying their own land because they are caught in a
trap that our own supply and demand greed has set up.  So are they
intelligent?  Sure.  Same as us...  cb