Killing jars

patrick foley patfoley at csus.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:44:45 EDT 2003

To kill bees and flies, I use standard lab plastic vials (Corning 14 and
50 ml) with a couple of pieces of vaporstrip held to the end of the vial
by a bit of stopper foam. This is non-messy and non volatile (so it can
go on airplanes). It works less well with leps since it works slowly and
they are likely to bang around a bit. And it works very slowly with many
beetles.

The vials are light and unbreakable, so it is esy to carry many. So far
they seem to last for months.

Patrick Foley
patfoley at csus.edu