A number of things

g.ramel at earthlife.net g.ramel at earthlife.net
Sun Apr 4 01:09:46 EST 2004

Hi Everybody,
                          I have a few questions, and a request.

How many moth species in Europe. Macros and Micros
How many moth species in Greece. Macros and Micros

I am working with the Management Body of the nature reserve associated with
Lake Kerkini in Northern Greece.  I am correlating a list of everything that
lives here and at the moment one of the big holes is the moths, I can do the
bitterflies but I have neither a light trap, the books or the knowledge to
attempt even the macros for here in Greece.  So I am writing to invite
anybody who has a trap and the knowledge/interest to come here and make some
interesting records.  We can offer free accomodation and transport to
variopus habitats, and for a few days a generator.  We can acommodate a
small group if that would help.  The environment includes two mountain
ranges, one to 2,000 metres and the lowland area around the lake, which is
naturally enough a wetland.  The area is a RAMSAR site and an
internationally important area for birds.  Out of 83 diptera species so far
identified two have been new records for Greece so the area is very
attractive, especialy if you happen to like birds as well.

Secondly, is there a way of preserving moths for later identification other
than setting them, which takes too much time and space, that I could use to
keep speciemns to send to interested parties?

E-Mail = g.ramel at earthlife.net

                                 Yours in Friendship
                                      May Peace and Love Be With You Always
                                         Gordon Ramel
         The Earthlife Web   http://www.earthlife.net

http://www.earthlife.net/bluemagpie/poems.html  for something a little
different.

Bringing Animals to the World http://www.earthlife.net/inverts/
Bringing Insects to the World http://www.earthlife.net/insects/
Bringing Birds to the World http://www.earthlife.net/birds/
Bringing Mammals to the World http://www.earthlife.net/mammals/
Bringing Lichens to the World http://www.earthlife.net/lichens/
Bringing Bacteria to the World http://www.earthlife.net/prokaryotes/

Post address = Mr G. Ramel, Himmaros, GR 624 00 Iraklia, Greece.

E-Mail = g.ramel at earthlife.net