Owl Moth (T. zenobia) - South Dakota - July 28, 2004

Mike Quinn ento at satx.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 12:12:13 EDT 2004

This moth is quite under reported. While the general web-accessing public
can usually get to one of my Black Witch moth websites if they are
determined, those who see T. zenobia are more flummoxed due, in part, to all
the myriad owl, moth, and Zenobia dedicated websites. Here's the circuitous
route that the Sperlichs used to get to me:

"After attempting to identify this moth ourselves by googling (with little
success), my wife posted the photo to an online forum (Homesteading Today).
A forum member from Kentucky provided us with the ID and a link to your
website."

Owl Moth (Thysania zenobia) pix & info
http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabast/owlmoth.html

Mike Quinn, Austin, TX