The Monarchs have recovered from last winter's big freeze in Mexico

Chip Taylor chip at ku.edu
Mon Aug 30 13:13:28 EDT 2004

>.--- From what I have seen myself, and from what I have been hearing
>from others around this
region, monarch production was exceptionally low this summer.

>  snip

>  I don't know how widespread this apparent
>phenomenon is.
>
>What have others been seeing?
>Robert Dana, Ph.D.

For another perspective on the current status of the monarch
population please see:

http://www.monarchwatch.org/update/040825.htm#4

At the end of this piece I conclude that the overwintering population
will measure 4-6 hectares in December. The long term average area
covered by the colonies in December is 9 hectares.

--
Monarch Watch
monarch at ku.edu
http://www.MonarchWatch.org/
Dplex-L:  send message "info Dplex-L" to Listproc at ku.edu
1-888-TAGGING (toll-free!) -or- 1-785-864 4441
1-785-864 5321 fax
University of Kansas, Entomology Program, 1200 Sunnyside Avenue,
Lawrence, KS 66045-7534