Papilio rutulus Question

Glaucus glaucus at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 10 23:59:43 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am wondering what the deal is on Papilio rutulus and its being reared? I
have put out a number of requests for livestock in both summer and winter
months to aid in my research, and have spoken to a number of people and no
one seems to know of anyone who ever raises this species. I'm more familiar
with midwestern and eastern species, and so I am wondering of there is
something more unique with rutulus? There seems to be no shortage of glaucus
breeders, though candensis and australis are hard to come by. I would be
curious to know if anyone knows if there is some general reason why rutulus
is not a readily reered species? Thanks!

Marc
glaucus at earthlink.net