[leps-talk] Fwd: Army Goes against illegal loggers

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 12:38:58 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 21:59, Grkovich, Alex wrote:
> Did I lie? Why don't you speak English, so the others (I do understand your
> German) can follow and see what you are?
>
> Glupava glava...otidiches pravo u pakao poslje smirt...sa djavola
> tvoja...Boga neches viditi...
>
> There...I can do the same...only don't worry...my phrase was closer to
> reality...Shall we try another language? Vous etes un h---...

Vous etes un m'a tu vu ( You are a show off.)

I have been away for a few days and so unable to respond. I usually let Alex's
comments go unanswered when they get this stupid but this one is like taking
candy from a baby and I cannot resist. I'd much rather debate politely but
Alex has been posting some really filthy stuff about me. His last posting
appeared to accuse me of complicity in mass murder. I don't want to continue
in this vein but I think I should reply just this once.

Firstly Alex, If you are going to insult people in Serbo-croat. I'd suggest
you LEARN TO SPELL in it first. There are at least 3 errors that I can see.

For those who  can't understand what he has written. My Serbo-croat is very
very poor but it translates  as something like

 "Blockhead... Justice will send you to hell after death. You will be with the
devil. God will see to that.".

I am quite glad that finally Alex has chosen to post one of his "Talibanic
fatwas" in public. I have been getting this tripe in my private mail box for
months every time he has the slightest disagreement with what I say.
I'm sure that he is a nice enough guy in real life but he is getting a real
pain in the backside with his behaviour towards me.

Alex, I really do wish you'd stop bragging about your superior abilities. I
think by now we are all aware as you have told us before that you speak four
languages. You know it isn't that clever. Where I live even the village idiot
can speak two!

No, I don't really speak Serbo-croat. I started learning a little for a trip
to Yugoslavia but the trouble broke out. I had to look about about a third of
Alex's stuff in a dictionary. Some of it is easy the word for devil is almost
the same in Welsh for example. ( It is the Latin influence).

I am interested in languages I studied 5 while I was in school.
I make a habit of learning a little of the local lingo before taking a  trip
to a foreign country and have done it more than a dozen times over the years
but I cannot recall most of these languages that  learned for trips long ago.

There is nothing unusual about speaking a few languages. After I write this
post I will be going out to choir practice and at least a third of the people
there speak at least 3 languages. We reherse in Welsh and everybody can speak
English too so we have a head start. It is a really common thing to speak
several languages and nothing to brag about.

Alex, you persistently lower the intellectual tone of the debate, You justify
my original comment. "Mit der Dumheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
is an internationally famous quote from the famous German dramatist Schiller.
"With stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vein" is an appropriate
response to your persistent logical non sequiturs and inappropriate illogical
insults. I think that just about sums up the appropriateness of the original
comment. It is a waste of time trying to argue with you when you behave so
stupidly.

Alex, for goodness sake wise up and cool down. Your posts would gladden the
heart of any PETA activist.

Perhaps now we can get back to normal?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog