Endangered Species Act & Sierra Club

Stanley A. Gorodenski stan_gorodenski at asualumni.org
Mon Mar 8 22:15:45 EST 2004

About 2 or 3 years ago in another list related to another one of my
interests there was a post related to the issue of property rights.
Someone on this list brought up this subject today and I wanted to add
to it, but my email-browser crashed before I could. My restore is 5 days
old and I do not remember who this 'someone' is.

The person in this other list (about 2-3 years ago) provided some
information concerning Ayn Rand that appears to be the basis of the
'suspicions' many hold of a conspiracy and fear of the conservation
movement (part of the conservation movement includes declaring some
species as endangered). According to this individual, Ayn Rand held a
philosophical position that there is an elite group of individuals (not
named) who are bent on taking away our freedoms and suppressing us.
According to Rand, the issue of conservation is being used, and maybe
was even created, by the elite group to further their objectives. Does
anyone know more about this? I may have some of my facts wrong, or the
other individual may have misinterpreted Ayn Rand.
Stan